Monday, 30 September 2013

Unit 57.3 My album cover idea

Influenced by - Neyo Red


For my Album cover I will take a portrait photo and split this into three jigsaw pieces. I will then add colour to each individual piece. Both the idea to split the image and add colour was influenced by Neyo's album red. The genre for my album cover will be R&B. I have chosen this genre as a lot of R&B artist use self portraits on their album covers.

Technical checklist.

For my image i will use a ISO of 200. I will set the shutter speed at 1/6s. This will create a still image but will allow a bit more light in to the image. For the aperture I will use a F stop of 4 to create a lighter image and a longer depth of field.








For my cover I will use my photograph to the right.
For my photo i used:
ISO of 200
Shutter speed 1/100s
Aperture F2.

I changed the shutter speed and aperture to create a lighter and sharper image.








For the main image above I used a colour balance of;
Mid tones
Cyan - 60
Green - 100
Blue - 35

Highlights and shadows
Magenta - 100


























To break my photo into different pieces i used the quick selection tool in PS. Each time I broke a piece I adjusted the colour balance. Doing this has changed the colour of each piece. I then changed the background to white using the paint bucket tool. This created a white background behind my photo. I then used the crop tool to create a square image.























No comments:

Post a Comment